Thursday, November 17, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude: Days 16 & 17



Happy Thursday! I hope all is well with you :). As I was thinking about what I would write today, I realized that I was grateful for many of the same things this year as I was last year. I think it has to do with events repeating themselves (parent teacher conferences and field trips, namely), but that's okay. Just because I've received the blessing once before doesn't mean I'm any less grateful, right?

Catching up for my lack of blogging yesterday...Day 16: I am grateful for my boys' teachers. To choose the career of teacher is an honorable thing, and when you really devote your heart and soul to teaching, you bless the lives of so many people. With recent news of awful teachers out there, I am especially grateful for who my boys have this year. Colten and Carson are doing really well and they are enjoying school. Their teachers are aware of their individual needs and are helping them to meet goals and surpass expectations. I am so grateful that when I saw the new prompt from The Paper Variety (to create a project that includes the word "thanks"), I just had to make a pair of cards for the boys' teachers:




Day 17: I am grateful for the emergency responders we have in our city. Today we took a field trip to the fire station. It was short-lived however because they were called away on two emergencies and all the staff had to leave. Even though the kids were sad that their tour only lasted all of five minutes or so, I am glad that they got to see the fire fighters respond to emergencies. I hope seeing the fire fighters jump into action gave the kids confidence that if they ever need their help, it would come quickly. This is my new favorite photo of Jaxon and Carson together - the two of them waiting for the tour to start:


Two peas in a pod, I tell ya. Carson and his "mini me" :). Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to share a few minutes of your day with me :). Tessa

7 comments:

  1. Found my way here via TPV. Love the colors in your cards. I would be proud to receive them as a thank you. I'm sure your boys' teachers will love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautifully done. I am thinking another order from your etsy shop is needed! Thanks for joining us this week to give thanks at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention congratulations on being spotlighted on TPV this week.....very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your cards are beautiful! I learned how to do fabric flowers like that in a class once, and now you've just convinced me that i should practice doing more!!! hehe Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tessa, these card are stunning, absolutely gorgeous, a well chosen spotlight. Beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along and sharing your 'thanks' project at TPV :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!