Thursday, November 3, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 3



I am grateful for fall. The colors haven't reached their peak yet in my neck of the woods, so I am enjoying seeing the trees down my street just now begin to blaze with color. I am watching the sky outside darken, and I just picked up a new (houndstooth and totally adorable) umbrella at Target. I love the crisp mornings, the cool air on my skin, and I just can't help but feel a little extra happy because of it all. I really do love fall, and I am grateful that I am able to enjoy it right now.

I made a layout about how fall makes me feel, and it's up at the Scrapbook Circle blog today:


I used the new kit from SBC, called Harvest Festival. I based my layout on a sketch by the fabulous Diana Fisher of Sketchy Thursdays, which she so kindly created for today's new challenge on the SBC blog.


I'd love to see you join in on the challenge! You can use any materials you'd like (although we would love to see SBC kits in action), and anyone can enter (subscriber or not). You can get all the details on the challenge here.


Looking for more sketch inspiration? Be sure to check out Sketchy Thursdays today :). Since it's not my team's week to create samples, and because my schedule is kinda hectic at the moment, I took the week off. But wow, there are fabulous things to see - so head on over!

And if that's just not enough to get your creative juices flowing, Miss Art's is having another Free Class Weekend this weekend! Here are the details:


Has Halloween left you covered in sweet wrappers, partially duct tapped to your child's abandoned costume with a bank account balance that's more trick than treat? If your feeling more hallow than happy let Miss Art's headmaster treat you to a fantastic, but time sensitive offer. For this weekend only, (November 4 - 6th) enjoy a tuition free class designed to renew your creativity, and go easy on your wallet.  You can even snack on the candy "taxes" you've stolen from the kiddos while taking the class.  Beginning on Friday, November 4th, you will have 3 days to check out one of our most popular classes for free, no subscription needed. In “Layered Layouts”, you will accompany our inspired resident architect, Julie Winks, as she explains the essential underpinnings of daringly designed layouts. We hope to see you in the class room and if you enjoy our class that you'll be kind enough to leave an apple or a comment for the teacher.

You can find Miss Art's Papercrafting School here. Have a wonderful day! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and great fall photo.
    I know Fall is my favorite season...love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the FALL photo--AWESOME!! Makes me happy to see fall leaves--one of my favorite seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!