Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hello, Oreo! - Scrapbook Circle

I've been having so much fun with my May kit from Scrapbook Circle. Today I'm up on the Scrapbook Circle blog with my latest layout, Hello, Oreo:



These photos are from the day Jaxon and I made Oreo brownies for his birthday party. Our favorite phrase that afternoon was, "Hello, Oreo!" So the hello patterned paper by Pink Paislee in the kit was a perfect match.



I'm sharing my layout as inspiration for our latest challenge, From the Heart. The challenge is simply to use hearts on your layout. I think I got enough hearts in there ;).



The gray cardstock background is a Silhouette Cameo cut file. I cut the image, then isolated one of the hearts and used the offset feature to create a heart that was just a tad bigger. I cut several of those bigger hearts from the patterned paper and then tucked them behind the open spaces in my cardstock cut out. I used both the A and B sides of the patterned paper. Easy-peasy! Then I used the leftover negative cardstock hearts by popping them up with dimensional adhesive on the existing cardstock hearts. After experimenting with this background cut file, I think I'll play with more in the future.



If you'd like to play along, visit the original post here. You don't have to be a subscriber to join in. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love all the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect. I have two little girls who are staying after school next week to scrapbook their pictures together. I would love to find the background. Not in the silhouette store - at least I can't find it. Would you please share the site where I can purchase the file. My littles are going to love it! And I love your work! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! The file is in the Silhouette store, it just has a long name that's hard to find in search. Here's a link: http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=38300

      Delete
    2. Thank You! I can't wait to show the girls. Karen

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!