Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Love - DCWV

Hello! Another National Scrapbooking Day has come and gone. I'm always a little sad when this "holiday" pops up because I work weekends teaching dance and it always seems like I miss out on all the fun. Well, I'm still having fun, just not scrappy fun. This year I did join in on a challenge, sort of. The May Stack-aholic challenge went up at DCWV on Friday and it's a great one to play along with in celebration of NSD.



I used the Gilded stack (think kraft, cream and gold foil) and the Limoncello stack (blue, chartreuse, white). I pulled my favorite kraft and chartreuse papers from each stack and followed this sketch:


Why is it that when a sketch calls for a 4x6 photo, I seem to always use a small square photo? Then, when a sketch calls for a square, I use a 4x6? I guess I'm just funny that way ;). I had fun with my Twinkling H20's to create a bit of a watercolor background:



While I had my watercolors out, I went ahead and painted my title, too. I used "love" to mimic the row of loves at the top of the page (from the Gilded stack; I filled every other word in with Faber-Castell marker and then some watercolor on top).



I used arrows to embellish the page because I had used an arrow patterned paper. I love arrows as masculine accents! I colored some of the arrows with watercolor or the Faber-Castell marker to tie in more of the chartreuse color.



If you'd like to play along with DCWV, you can find the challenge here. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. totally awesome! love that chartreuse and how playful it is! I too didn't get to do anything for NSD but you've challenged me to pull out some of those collection stacks with the foiled papers! Hope you don't min that I PINNED this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!