Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Colors

I love the traditional colors of fall, but throw in a juicy pink and pretty blue and I'm swooning!


This photo and color palette is the jumping off point for my latest GCD Studios layout:



The pink barn wood paper from the Spring in Bloom Collection by Donna Salazar was the perfect backdrop. I went with a trendy chevron pattern that I learned how to create here. Notice how I put the orange at the top (like the pumpkins in the cart), pink in the center (like the sweatshirt), and yellow at the bottom (like the pumpkin she's holding)? The colors of the design flow right into the photo and back out again.


To add interest to my chevron pattern, I tucked a string of sequins between each row. Distressing and bending the papers gave the sequins a chance to peek out.


I used the blue from the palette for my title so that it stood out from the other bold colors. I love the look of mixed alphas and used three different alpha styles for my long title.


When you scrapbook your pumpkin patch outing this year, don't be afraid to stray from the traditional orange. Throw in some pink or aqua for a fun take on a fall palette. Oh, and if you're wondering who this adorable little girl is (wait, Tessa only has boys...), this is my husband's cousin's daughter.

Thank you all for your support yesterday! I had so much fun working with Nantucket and putting together SRM/Pink Paislee projects. Thanks to Pink Paislee for the beautiful papers and embellishments to play with and to all of you for your sweet blog comments, emails and Facebook comments :). Here's the post if you missed it.


Don't forget - Attitude of Gratitude is gearing up again, and if you help spread the word, you could win one of the new Attitude of Gratitude Mini Album Kits from the shop. For details, see this post. I'm excited about the response so far and can't wait to get started :).

Have a great day, all! Tessa

7 comments:

  1. okay this is ROCKIN' AWESOME! i really like the color combo, my FAVORITE is the chevron in the background--AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page and the zig zags with the shiny sequins peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE layout! Love the zig zag or chevron pattern you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout!!! I love the colors, and like you said, non-traditional colored layouts are a nice change from the norm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just awesome! love the distress and chevron and just everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layout and your inspiration piece! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!