Monday, October 24, 2011

Cards for my hubby.

Happy Monday! Yesterday I shared this long lost card (lost to the memory card, that is), and it made me remember that I never shared the cards I made for my husband for his birthday and our anniversary. In August. Better late than never, right?


For the anniversary card, I went with an office-y, layered theme.


I balanced the cutesy heart paper with the bold chevron paper, then added a pocket made from a graph paper bag. The large "9" sticker and the "i love you" sentiment are both SRM Stickers. The 2011 button is Ormolu, and the "note" tag is Elle's Studio. The felt heart is American Crafts (old, too - I wish they sold more of these!).


I topped it off with a bullnose clip that came from a Scrap Rat kit and a little splatter of Mister Huey. Josh loved it :).


I made his birthday card a bit more festive with banner stickers from Lily Bee. I'm a big fan of the number stickers from SRM, which I used again on this card. The "make a wish" stickers are also SRM. I tied the banners with bakers twine and used my handy dandy tiny attacher to secure it all, then added the buttons tied with twine with glue dots. He liked this one, too :).


I've been itching to make cards lately, so hopefully I'll be sharing more soon. Thank you for stopping by today! Tessa

PS - If you haven't heard, Precocious Paper reached 5000 sales! I'm celebrating....

6 comments:

  1. They are awesome Tessa!! I love them both! They are so different, yet equally fantastic!

    I love your officey themed anniversary card... so different!

    And I am loving bunting at the moment, so am loving the simplicity of your birthday card - the colours on the bunting just pop off the card and the buttons are such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! Love the little splatters on the anniversary card and the buttons on the b-day card! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a milestone for the shop!

    Love both of the cards - the graphic style is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Especially the first one with the black, white & red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both really great cards. I really like the office clip you added to the first one and the combo of banners/buttons/twine on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love these two wedding anniversary cards, they're both lovely and unique, love the designs and layout, and color theme. So gorgeous.

    Cheers xxx
    Rasmi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!