Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fresh Picked

Fresh Picked is the name of the October kit at Scrapbook Circle, and that is the kit that I used to create layouts for two challenges that start today. First, Sketchy Thursdays! If you haven't been by yet, today is an exciting day. The new design team is sharing layouts for the first time and the challenge post is just full to the brim with inspiration. Here is my contribution:


And here is the sketch:


Rather than blocks of pattern in the background, I used the Elle's Studio tags to create a mosiac-like pattern.


I love the woodshop alphas that come in the kit. The package includes the little hearts I used to accent my page, too.


For all the details on playing along at Sketchy Thursdays this week, see this post. The next challenge I'd like to share is at Scrapbook Circle - Get Wordy!


Inspired by some of the papers in the kit, the challenge is to focus on writing. I created this photo-less layout to document my love of lists. I hope someday my kids will enjoy reading stories like this, remembering my quirks.


Everyone is welcome to play at SBC, kit subscriber or not, so join in the fun! Lisa is giving away the Halloween kit, Hallow's Eve, to the winner :). You can find the details here.


Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. I looove those alphas, too! (and your lovely layouts!!!) Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the tags on your first layout--CLEVER! and the pencils cut out on your second layout is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the focus on gray and red in the first and the little hearts in triplets--the second photoless one is brilliant--love those fussy cut pencils :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the placement in the layout and all those sweet little hearts everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!