Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy


Raising this little guy has been different than the older two. Colten and Carson were born so close together (one year, one month, one week and one day apart), that it felt like I had always had two kids. They were into the same things nearly at the same time. They always had a buddy for entertainment. Jaxon, on the other hand, has only me during the school day. And he has me full-time, unlike his brothers, who saw Mom go to the dance studio for 30+ hours a week. So, our dynamic is different, and I am enjoying every possible moment. Like the one pictured in this layout.


Yes, it's a weed, but the sweet thought behind it is heart-melting. Really, there are no weeds when your boys offer you flowers ;). He is such a happy kid, and his happiness makes me happy.


I made this layout for the current challenge at The Studio - alter your background. I tend to alter the background of just about every page I make with mist or paint, so this time around I thought I would use rub-ons. I used a punchinella rub-on sheet from Glitz Designs, adding dots here and there, some overlapping and some distressed. I misted a bit on top of the dots, too.


If you'd like to play along, you can find the challenge here. And just to give you a heads up, in November it's my turn to set the challenges. I've got some ideas twirling around that I think will be fun, as well as a fabulous prize to give away! Thanks for stopping by today :). Have a good one! Tessa

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic layout! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love how you work pink and flowers into your boy pages, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout Tessa. I really like the way you used the rubons. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love all the white space and the layers behind the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet page! I love the gold rub-ons and the blue mint. Cool way to alter the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.... this is so sweet Tessa! I understand how you feel. My kids are close, but not so close that they were in school at the same time. There is basically two years between the two, so I had one at home for two years. It was nice.

    I love this layout and all of your details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY like this SWEET page, just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute photo and fantastic page, so much detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!