Thursday, October 27, 2011

Naptime

School started back in August, and with that, the return of a fairly regular naptime for Jaxon. However, lately he has been determined to skip those naps, which leads to a grumpy boy and flustered mama. A trick I learned was to schedule errands a bit before naptime, so that as we drove home, he would be lulled to sleep in the car. I took the photo in this layout on a recent outing.


I'm kinda excited about this picture. It's my first iPhone photo on a layout! Yes, I finally got an iPhone and I am loving it :). The first apps I downloaded were Instagram, Hipstamatic, and Pocketbooth. So much fun! Back to the layout, it's based on the new sketch at Sketchy Thursdays:


I decided to try a different type of banner accent and went with hand-cut hearts on a hand-drawn string.


I thought the film background paper was a good choice for the iPhone photo, and I kept everything else pretty simple. I sort of had to - my craft table was (and still is) covered with dozens upon dozens of new flowers for the shop and I had to scrap on the floor. I wasn't about to pull all my supplies down there with me, so I went for a minimalist look. I love the result :).


I hope you'll join us! A $20.00 gift certificate to a great kit club is up for grabs. You can find the details here. And if you're in the market for some tutorials for sewing on paper, I've got a pair of really good ones linked up on the Scrapbook Circle blog today. You can take a look here.

Have a wonderful day! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Yay for iphone photos! Instragram is one of my favorite apps. :) Love all of the hearts on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY love this! Good for you using the picture from your phone, I just got one too and LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! Sooo cute! Love the simplicity of this layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!