Monday, October 17, 2011

Pink Paislee Nantucket

If you've been following the SRM Stickers blog over the past several weeks, you are probably familiar with the Paper of the Week feature. Each Monday, a designer is sharing projects created with SRM products and a partner manufacturer. Today is my day, and the collection I was sent to play with was Pink Paislee's Nantucket :).

The first project I made was a birthday card for my mom:


All the papers, trim and die-cuts are from the Nantucket collection, and the sentiment is SRM.


Next, I made my mom a mini-album for her birthday. You can see all of the pages in my flickr photostream here.


The pages are 4" by 6" pieces of chipboard, each covered in Pink Paislee papers and trim. I made the flower on the cover out of one of the Pink Paislee Mistable trims by gathering it into a circle and stapling the center. I colored the Mistable alphas by dipping a paintbrush into my Glimmer Mist bottles.


I backed each photo with a large shipping tag to add height to the pages, setting each tag off from the one before to create a staggered look. I misted the Mistables trim to match the papers and simply hot glued them to the edges of the pages. I added pearls to each page, handwritten journaling, and of course - SRM Sticker sentiments! The little glassine envelopes are filled with opalescent sequins. I thought they looked like ocean bubbles :). I also added a few die-cuts from the collection to the envelopes.


Next, I made a little home decor project to add to my livingroom collage wall.


My boys love their bikes, and when I saw the Mistable bicycle in the collection, I knew I had to do something with it. I spray painted the bicycle and the word explore with glossy black paint. I cut free-form hearts from leftover trim and created a little banner with an SRM sentiment. I simply glued it all to a white background and framed it :).


I needed a little thank you gift and the Nantucket collection was perfect for a tube and tag:


The candy is Cookies and Cream Drops (like the candy bar, but in a no-shell, pop in your mouth form - yummy!). The tag is layered with Nantucket die-cuts and trim, as well as SRM sentiments.


Lastly, I made a layout of one of our summer adventures. Yes, I live in California, but we didn't make it to the ocean this year. However, we did enjoy the lake and Nantucket still worked for this page:


I left the Mistable alphas and wood pieces natural because I love the colors of the wood. I clustered die-cuts and used SRM stickers as my title and journaling. I really love the way this one turned out :).


So that was my adventure with Pink Paislee's Nantucket! I loved working with the collection. SRM Stickers couldn't have been a better partner to the products. You can see the Paper of the Week post - and WIN the collection, as well as a package of SRM Stickers - at the SRM blog here. You can see more photos of these projects here. And if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I'll be sure to address them soon. Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Tessa! These are all amazing! I love the mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love your little mini. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Tessa, you have been on a roll!!! I love love love all of these projects!! That mini is especially lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw these on Facebook and had to run over and tell you how amazing they are. Gorgeous, Tessa - love how you worked with that line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are all Stunning! What a fabulous bunch of projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely projects - but I'm eyeing up that tag and thinking it's my favourite. For now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!